University of Waterloo Identity and Access Management (WatIAM) userids are used by
Quest, Jobmine, Learn, myHRinfo and many others. You manage your userid and
password using the WatIAM system.
WatIAM provides many services, including account (userid) generation, password management tools,
and a white pages search tool for finding people at UW. Some of the following services require
that you login with your WatIAM userid:
- Search WatIAM White Pages -- a public service to help
find employees and students in the published portion of the WatIAM campus white pages. WatIAM also manages users who are
not published in this directory (e.g., privacy concerns may mean some users
choose not to be published).
- Authenticated WatIAM White Pages - An extended search service
available to the UW community. The service enables those who can authenticate
with CAS to search by user ID and email address
in addition to the fields available on the public search pages.
- WatIAM User Access includes the following
- Account Activation -- to obtain an account, as used by applications like Quest, myHRinfo, JobMine,
Learn and many other services, including WatIAM itself.
- Forgotten Account -- If you already have an activated account and have entered an email address, but forget what your account id is, enter some information
to retrieve your account.
- Forgotten Password -- If you forget your password, enter in some answers to your previously answered authentications questions
to reset your password.
- Password Reset -- Log on to WatIAM to reset or change your password.
- User Profile -- Update your email address, fax number, web page and other data managed by WatIAM.
- Administrative Access to WatIAM -- restricted access to a few trusted users.
Are you having problems with your password?
- Passwords are case sensitive - your keyboard CapsLock should not be on.
- You can check your password by logging into WatIAM.
If it works here, but not with an application (such as Quest), then it's a problem with that application.
Check for support contacts on the application's home page.
- If you have forgotten your password, you can enter answers to your authentication questions using
WatIAM, enabling you to reset your password.
Are you having other problems with your account?
If you are having problems with WatIAM itself, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your faculty help desk.
For more information, please see our Privacy Statement.